Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bronk's Back!

Didn't have my bike for the weekend because I had dropped it off at the dealership to have them look at my front end. I'd been experiencing a little wobble with my bike when I'd hit the freeway so I thought it was finally time to have someone take a look at it. I suspected that my front wheel was out of true and since I don't know how to true a wheel I thought it best to take it to the dealership. Normally I'd be hesitant to give money to the dealership but since I had some gift certificates I thought it'd be best to use them on something useful instead of buying junk.

I picked my bike up today and was surprised at how well it handled. I guess I'd been so used to the front end wobbling for so long that I'd forgotten what it's like to ride without a wobble. The wheel's true and the steering column is a little tighter. Definitely an improvement.

I know a lot of guys talk trash about the dealership (a lot, rightfully so) but I'm a big believer in knowing your limits. I don't know the first thing about truing wheels so I think it's best to have someone who knows what they're doing take care of business.

Now that my bike's back I can get to work on fabbing a bracket for my pipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment